TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ACCESS OR USE
Parentof and/or any other website(s) linked to this website is an online information and property booking service provided to you, subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions set forth below.
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING OR USING PARENTOF, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU SHOULD NOT ACCESS OR USE PARENTOF.
Company may amend/modify these terms and conditions at any time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified terms and conditions on Parentof. You may review the modified terms and conditions periodically to be aware of such modifications and your continued access or use of Parentof, shall be deemed conclusive proof of your acceptance of these terms and conditions, as amended/modified from time to time. Company may also suspend the operation of Parentof for support or technical upgradation, maintenance work, in order to update the content or for any other reason. If you utilize Parentof in a manner inconsistent with these terms and conditions, Company may terminate your access, block your future access and/or seek such additional relief as the circumstances of your misuse may be deemed to be fit and proper.
“Browser/Visitor” will mean and include a person who utilizes any of the Services offered by Parentof, without the need or a requirement to create an account i.e. visits non-restricted portions of Parentof.
“Courses” include Sessions/Programs/Skills/Categories and means any of the hobby class sessions listed on our website or application.
“Subscription charges” means the amount being paid by the child/parents for availing the paid plans on our website or application.
“Collective Content” means all the content on our website created by members and/or Parentof and hosted by us.
“Content” means text, graphics, images, music, software (excluding the Application), audio, video, information or other materials.
“Listing” means Courses that are listed by Parentof as available via the Site, Application, and Services.
“Member” means a person, who completes Parentof’s account registration process, including but not limited to mentors, coaches and children/parents
“Member Content” means all Content that a Member posts, uploads, publishes, submits, transmits, or includes in their Listing, Member profile or Parentof promotional campaign to be made available through the Site, Application or Services.
“Payment Method” means a payment method that you have added to your Parentof Account, such as a credit card, debit card or net banking.
“Student” means a Member who enrols for Courses on Application or Site, in case of minor student the parent or guardian who enrols their child or ward for the programs/skills on Application or Site.
“Tax” or “Taxes” mean any sales taxes, value added taxes (VAT), goods and services taxes (GST), service tax, that Parentof may be required by law to collect and remit to governmental agencies, and other similar municipal, state, federal and national indirect or other withholding and personal or corporate income taxes.
“Mentor” means a Member who has been selected by Parentof in order to provide services through the Site or Application
“Parentof Content” means all Content that Parentof makes available through the Site, Application, Services, or its related promotional campaigns and official social media channels, including any Content licensed from a third party, but excluding children Content.
Terms of Service
The use and access to Parentof shall be subject to these terms and conditions. For the purposes of this Agreement, any person who does not have a legal or a contractual right to access the Services, but does so, will fall within the definition of an ‘unauthorized user’ and will nevertheless be subject to the terms and conditions regulating the usage of Parentof, and expressly so with respect to respecting the intellectual property rights of the Company, and abiding by terms and conditions below mentioned.
- The terms ‘User’ and ‘Customer’ would include both the Subscriber/Advertiser(s) and Browser/Visitor(s)
- The terms ‘Service’ or ‘Services’ would mean to include the interactive online information service offered by Parentof on the internet through which the user may access information carried by Parentof in the database maintained by it. The terms would also include to mean the online videos offered by Parentof through which the User can attend live classes and access various other DIY activities on the platform . The terms would also include to mean the search tools through which the User can search through the hosted databases and information using a number of search tools that are present with a selection matching their search criteria. Users then select one or more of the items presented to view the full document/ record.
- In addition, certain areas of the Site and Application (and your access to or use of certain aspects of the Services or Collective Content) may have different terms and conditions, standards, guidelines, or policies posted or may require you to agree with and accept additional terms and conditions. If there is a conflict between these Terms and terms and conditions posted for a specific area of the Site, Application, Services, or Collective Content, the latter terms and conditions will take precedence with respect to your use of or access to that area of the Site, Application, Services, or Collective Content.
- The Site, Application and Services comprise an online platform which creates Listings for Courses and Students may learn about and enrol for the course directly through the Site and Application.
- You acknowledge and agree that, by accessing or using the Site, Application or Services or by downloading or posting any content from or on the Site or via the Application, you are indicating that you have read, and that you understand and agree to be bound by these Terms and receive our Services, whether or not you have registered with the Site and Application. If you do not agree to these terms, then you have no right to access or use the Site, Application, Services, or Collective Content. If you accept or agree to these Terms on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to these Terms and, in such event, “you” and “your” will refer and apply to that company or other legal entity.
GDPR COMPLIANCE STATEMENT
Parentof respects and complies with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Some of the key ways we comply with these regulations are:
We explain what you’re consenting to clearly and without ‘legalese’, and ask that you explicitly consent to contact from us.
- Breach Notification
In the event of a breach, we will notify affected users within 72 hours of first having become aware of the breach.
- Right to Access
Users can request confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning them is being processed, where and for what purpose. Further, we shall provide a copy of the personal data, in an electronic format.
- Right to be Forgotten
Once we have compared your (the subjects’) rights to “the public interest in the availability of the data”, we may delete your personal data where you have requested this.
- Data Portability
We allow you to receive the personal data concerning you, which we will provide in a ‘commonly used and machine readable format’ and you have the right to transmit that data to another ‘controller’.
- Privacy by Design
We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures, in an effective way and protect the rights of data subjects’. We hold and process only the data absolutely necessary for the completion of our duties (data minimisation), as well as limiting the access to personal data to those needing to act out the processing.
Use of the Site, Application and Services is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under Indian laws. The Site, Application and Services are intended solely for persons who are 18 years of age or older. If you are below 18, then your parent or guardian can open an account and help you enroll in courses that are appropriate for you. The use of the Site, Application and Services is also not available to persons whose membership has been suspended or terminated by Parentof for any reason whatsoever. Any access to or use of the Site, Application or Services by anyone under 18 years is expressly prohibited. By accessing or using the Site, Application or Services you represent and warrant that you are 18 years or older.
Usage of Site, Application or Services
Parentof makes available an online platform which provides various online Courses for the Students. Unless explicitly specified otherwise in the Parentof platform, Parentof’s responsibilities are limited to facilitating the availability of the Courses through the Site, Application and Services.
Your Parentof Account and your Parentof Account profile page will be created for your use of the Site and Application based upon the personal information you provide to us or that we obtain via an SNS as described above. You may not have more than one (1) active Parentof Account. You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information during the registration process and to update such information to keep it accurate, current and complete. Parentof reserves the right to suspend or terminate your Parentof Account and your access to the Site, Application and Services if you create more than one (1) Parentof Account, or if any information provided during the registration process or thereafter proves to be inaccurate, fraudulent, not current, incomplete, or otherwise in violation of these Terms.
You are responsible for safeguarding the OTP received on your registered mobile number. You agree that you will not disclose your OTP to any third party and that you will take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your Parentof Account, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You will immediately notify Parentof of any unauthorized use of your Parentof Account.
By providing Parentof with your email address / phone number, you consent to:
- Our using your email address or mobile number to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail.
- Our using the phone numbers provided by you, to contact you from time to time, in order to provide you updates and advice relating to your progress on the App and the usage of our Services, and relating to any new promotions and sales opportunities on the App.
- Our using your email address or phone number to send you other messages, including changes to features of the Service and special offers.
Students will be able to view Courses via the Site, Application and Services based upon the information provided in the Listing, Students requirements, and Students’ search parameters and preferences. We understand and agree that once a Student requests enrolment for Course, We may not request the Student to pay a higher price than that mentioned in the Site or Application.
Please note that Parentof assumes no responsibility for a Student’s compliance with any agreements with or duties to third parties, applicable laws, rules and regulations. Parentof reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to remove or disable access to any Student for any reason, that Parentof, in its sole discretion, considers to be objectionable for any reason, in violation of these Terms or Parentof’s then-current Standards, Trademark & Branding Guidelines, or otherwise harmful to the Site, Application or Services.
If you are a Mentor, you understand and agree that your relationship with Parentof is limited to being a Member and an independent, third-party contractor, and not an employee, agent, joint- venturer or partner of Parentof for any reason, and you act exclusively on your own behalf and for your own benefit, and not on behalf of or for the benefit of Parentof. Parentof does not control your offline activities. As a Member you agree not to do anything to create a false impression that you are endorsed by, partnering with, or acting on behalf of or for the benefit of Parentof, including by inappropriately using any Parentof intellectual property.
The Course Fees payable will be displayed to the parent before the parent sends a subscription request to Parentof. Upon receipt of the payment subscription request, Parentof may initiate a pre-authorization and/or charge a nominal amount to Student’s Payment Method pursuant to the Payments Terms. If a requested subscription is cancelled (before any tuitions are provided), any amounts collected by Parentof will be refunded to such Student, depending on the selections the Student makes via the Site and Application, and any pre-authorization of Student’s Payment Method will be released, if applicable.
Parentof will collect the Course Fees from parents/students at the time of the Subscription request.
Parentof agrees that 100% refund will be provided within 15 days from the date of payment of subscription amount. Post that, no refund will be provided.
You agree that Parentof through its Site or Application would raise system generated invoice to the Student in relation to the Course for which the Student has subscribed or in relation to any kind of payment done, as per applicable laws. Parentof will raise invoice for the above which shall be inclusive of all applicable Taxes.
You, as a parent/student agree to pay the Course Fees for any subscription requested, in connection with your Parentof Account. Parentof will collect the Course Fees pursuant to the Payments Terms.
Once you’re confirmed by us that the subscription transaction is complete, you will receive a confirmation email summarizing your confirmed subscription.
Cancellations and Refunds
If We cancel a confirmed subscription made via the Site, Services, and Application, (i) Parentof will refund the Course Fees paid by the Student for such subscription to the applicable Student pursuant to the Payments Terms which shall not exceed the total amount paid by the Student.
- violate any local, state, national, or other law or regulation, or any order of a court, including, without limitation, Tax regulations
- use manual or automated software, devices, scripts, robots, backdoors or other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any webpages or other services contained in the Site, Application, Services or Collective Content
- use the Site, Application, Services or Collective Content for any commercial or other purposes that are not expressly permitted by these Terms or in a manner that falsely implies Parentof endorsement, partnership or otherwise misleads others as to your affiliation with Parentof
- dilute, tarnish or otherwise harm the Parentof brand in any way, including through unauthorized use of Collective Content, registering and/or using Parentof or derivative terms in domain names, trade names, trademarks or other source identifiers, or registering and/or using domains names, trade names, trademarks or other source identifiers that closely imitate or are confusingly similar to Parentof domains, trademarks, taglines, promotional campaigns or Collective Content
- copy, store or otherwise access or use any information contained on the Site, Application, Services or Collective Content for purposes not expressly permitted by these Terms
- infringe the rights of Parentof or the rights of any other person or entity, including without limitation, their intellectual property, privacy, publicity or contractual right
- interfere with or damage our Site, Application or Services, including, without limitation, through the use of viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, backdoors, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or electronic mail address information or similar methods or technology
- use our Site, Application or Services to transmit, distribute, post or submit any information concerning any other person or entity, including without limitation, photographs of others without their permission, personal contact information or credit, debit, calling card or account numbers
- use our Site, Application, Services or Collective Content in connection with the distribution of unsolicited commercial email (“spam”) or advertisements unrelated to lodging in a private residence
- “stalk” or harass any other user of our Site, Application, Services or Collective Content, or collect or store any personally identifiable information about any other user other than for purposes of transacting as an Parentof Student
- register for more than one Parentof Account or register for an Parentof Account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, except in case where the parent is registering the account for its child or guardian for its ward
- contact another Member for any purpose other than asking a question related to an Enrolment, Course, Listing, or the Member’s use of the Site, Application and Services
- recruit or otherwise solicit any Member to join third-party services or websites that are competitive to Parentof, without Parentof’s prior written approval
- recruit or otherwise solicit any Member to join third-party services, applications or websites, without Our prior written approval
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsify or otherwise misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity
- use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Site, Application, Services or Collective Content
- use the Site, Application, Services or Collective Content to find a Student and then complete an enrolment of Course independent of the Site, Application or Services, in order to circumvent the obligation to pay any Fees related to Parentof’s provision of the Services or for any other reasons
- violate these Terms or Parentof’s then-current Policies and or Standards
- engage in disruptive, circumventive, abusive or harassing behaviour in any area or aspect of our Platform, Application, or Services
- post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading (directly or by omission or failure to update information) or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances
- systematically retrieve data or other content from our Site, Application or Services to create or compile, directly or indirectly, in single or multiple downloads, a collection, compilation, database, directory or the like, whether by manual methods, through the use of bots, crawlers, or spiders, or otherwise
- use, display, mirror or frame the Site, Application, Services or Collective Content, or any individual element within the Site, Application, Services or Collective Content, Parentof’s name, any Parentof trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page in the Site, Application or Services, without Parentof’s express written consent
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Site, Application or Services, Parentof’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Parentof’s providers
- attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Parentof system or network or breach any security or authentication measures
- avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Parentof or any of Parentof’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Site, Services, Application or Collective Content
- forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Site, Services, Application or Collective Content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information
- attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Site, Services, Application or Collective Content
- advocate, encourage, or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing
- accept or make a payment for Course Fees outside Parentof. If you do so, you acknowledge and agree that you: (i) would be in breach of these Terms; (ii) accept all risks and responsibility for such payment, and (iii) hold Parentof harmless from any liability for such payment
Parentof may access, preserve and disclose any of your information if we are required to do so by law, or if we believe in good faith that it is reasonably necessary to (i) respond to claims asserted against Parentof or to comply with legal process (for example, summons or warrants), (ii) enforce or administer our agreements with users, such as these Terms, (iii) for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, customer support, product development and debugging purposes, or (iv) protect the rights, property or safety of Parentof, its users, or members of the public.
You acknowledge that Parentof has no obligation to monitor your access to or use of the Site, Application, Services or Collective Content or to review or edit any Member Content, but has the right to do so for the purpose of operating and improving the Site, Application and Services (including without limitation for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation and customer support purposes), to ensure your compliance with these Terms, to comply with applicable law or the order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental body, to respond to content that it determines is otherwise objectionable or as set forth in these Terms.
Parentof reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to remove or disable access to any Collective Content that Parentof, at its sole discretion, considers to be objectionable for any reason, in violation of these Terms or otherwise harmful to the Site, Application or Services.
Intellectual Property Ownership and Rights Notices
Parentof Content and Member Content License
You will not use, copy, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, broadcast or otherwise exploit the Site, Application, Services, or Collective Content, except as expressly permitted in these Terms. No licenses or rights are granted to you by implication or otherwise under any intellectual property rights owned or controlled by Parentof or its licensors, except for the licenses and rights expressly granted in these Terms.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for all Member Content that you make available through the Site, Applications, and Services or through Parentof promotional campaigns. Accordingly, you represent and warrant that: (i) you either are the sole and exclusive owner of all Member Content that you make available through the Site, Application, Services or through Parentof promotional campaigns or you have all rights, licenses, consents and releases that are necessary to grant to Parentof the rights in such Member Content, as contemplated under these Terms; and (ii) neither the Member Content nor your posting, uploading, publication, submission or transmittal of the Member Content or Parentof’s use of the Member Content (or any portion thereof) on, through or by means of the Site, Application, the Services or Parentof promotional campaigns will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other proprietary or intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
Term and Termination, Suspension and Other Measures
This Agreement shall be effective for till the time Members access or use the Site, Application or Services or by downloading or posting any content from or on the Site, via the Application or through the Services Until such time when you or Parentof terminate the Agreement as described below.
Termination for convenience
You may terminate this Agreement at any time via the “Cancel Account” feature on the Site or by sending us an email. If you cancel your Parentof Account, any confirmed subscription will be automatically cancelled and any refund will depend upon the terms of the applicable cancellation policy. Without limiting our rights specified below, Parentof may terminate this Agreement for convenience at any time by giving you 30 days’ notice via message to your registered mobile number.
Termination for breach, suspension and other measures
Parentof may immediately, without notice terminate this Agreement if (i) you have materially breached these Terms or our Policies, including but not limited to any breach of your warranties outlined in these Terms or breach of the “User Conduct” provisions in these Terms, (ii) you have provided inaccurate, fraudulent, outdated or incomplete information during the Parentof Account registration, or Listing process or thereafter, (iii) you have violated applicable laws, regulations or third party rights, or (iv) Parentof believes in good faith that such action is reasonably necessary to protect the safety or property of other Members, Parentof or third parties, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, security or investigation purposes.
In addition Parentof may deactivate or delay reviews, or other Member Content, cancel any pending or confirmed subscription, limit your use of or access to your Parentof Account and the Site, Application or Services, temporarily or permanently revoke any special status associated with your Parentof Account, or temporarily or permanently suspend your Parentof Account if (i) you have breached these Terms or our Policies, including material and nonmaterial breaches and receiving poor ratings from Students, or (ii) Parentof believes in good faith that such action is reasonably necessary to protect the safety or property of Members, Parentof or third parties, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, security or investigation purposes.
In case of non-material breaches and where appropriate, you will be given notice of any measure by Parentof and an opportunity to resolve the issue to Parentof’s reasonable satisfaction.
Consequences of Termination
If You or We terminate this Agreement, we do not have an obligation to delete or return to you any of your Member Content, including but not limited to any reviews or Feedback. When this Agreement has been terminated, you are not entitled to a restoration of your Parentof Account or any of your Member Content. If your access to or use of the Site, Application and Services has been limited or your Parentof Account has been suspended or this Agreement has been terminated by us, you may not register a new Parentof Account or attempt to access and use the Site, Application and Services through other Parentof Accounts.
If you or we terminate this Agreement, the clauses of these Terms that reasonably should survive termination of the Agreement will remain in effect.
The Site, Application, Services and Collective Content are provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Without limiting the foregoing, Parentof explicitly disclaims any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, quiet enjoyment or non-infringement, and any warranties arising out of course of dealing or usage of trade. Parentof makes no warranty that the site, application, services, collective content, including, but not limited to, any Courses, will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. Parentof makes no warranty regarding the quality of any Listings, Courses, mentors, Students, the Services or Collective Content or the accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of any collective content obtained through the Site, Application or Services.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from Parentof or through the Site, Application, Services or Collective Content, will create any warranty not expressly made herein.
You are solely responsible for all of your communications and interactions with other users of the Site, Application or Services and with other persons with whom you communicate or interact as a result of your use of the Site, Application or Services, including, but not limited to, any Students. You understand that Parentof does not make any attempt to verify the statements of users of the Site, Application or Services or to review any Course. Parentof makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of users of the Site, Application or Services or their compatibility with any current or future users of the Site, Application or Services. You agree to take reasonable precautions in all communications and interactions with other users of the site, application or services and with other persons with whom you communicate or interact as a result of your use of the Site, Application Or Services, including, but not limited to, Students, particularly if you decide to meet offline or in person regardless of whether such meetings are organized by Parentof. Parentof explicitly disclaims all liability for any act or omission of any Student or other third party.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will Parentof’s aggregate liability arising out of or in connection with these Terms and your use of the Site, Application and Services including, but not limited to, your subscription of any course via the Site, Application and Services, or from the use of or inability to use the Site, Application, Services, or Collective Content and in connection with any course or interactions with any other members, exceed the amounts you have paid or owe for subscription via the Site, Application and Services as a student in the three (3) month period prior to the event giving rise to the liability. The limitations of damages set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the bargain between Parentof and you.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to this Terms including the determination of the scope or applicability of this Terms to arbitrate, or your use of the Application or information to which it gives access, shall be determined by arbitration in India, before a sole arbitrator mutually appointed by Members and Parentof. Arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996. The seat of such arbitration shall be Bangalore, Karnataka. All proceedings of such arbitration, including, without limitation, any awards, shall be in the English language. The award shall be final and binding on the parties to the dispute.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) you have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.
Parentof is not liable for any failure or delay of performance (or otherwise) arising out of a cause beyond Parentof’s reasonable control.
You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without Parentof’s prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null and of no effect. Parentof may assign or transfer these Terms, at its sole discretion, without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Parentof reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services (or any part thereof) provided by Us with or without notice. You agree that Parentof shall not be liable to You or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of such Services. It is Your responsibility to review these Terms periodically for updates/changes.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the information provided by us, including any intellectual property rights of Parentof or any person firm or corporation having posted information for availability through the Services provided by us.
You agree that in the event Your post or Your information violates any provision of this Terms, We shall have the right to refuse to provide You or any person acting on Your behalf, access to the Site and Application, terminate and/ or suspend Your access if applicable in the future.
Please report any violations of these terms and conditions to Company at firstname.lastname@example.org