Chemistry has influenced our life so much that we do not even realise that we come across chemicals at every moment; that we ourselves are beautiful chemical creations and all our activities are controlled by chemicals. There’s chemistry in the food we eat, the air, cleaning chemicals, our emotions, and literally every object we can see or touch. While some of this Chemistry is obvious, there are many that will surprise you. Join this class to discover the fascinating Chemistry all around us!
Skills & Abilities Impacted
- Procedural Knowledge
- Processing Speed
- Critical Thinking
- Pattern Identification
- Self Regulation
- Visual Perception
- Understand the fundamental concepts of Chemistry
- Identify chemical reactions around you in daily life
- Explore properties of common substances
- Learn to do simple experiments to create new reactions and results
Class 01 – Why are Oil and Water not friends with each other?
We all know that Water and Oil are not really friends of each other. But this masterclass will help you understand WHY! By end of the class, you will learn, the difference between water and oil, the unique properties of these two substances, why water and oil does not mix and conduct a simple experiment to understand density of liquids.
- Oil (4-5 spoons)
- Any colouring substance (food colouring, clothes whitening liquid etc)
- A transparent Glass Plastic Bottle (small)
- Salt (two teaspoons)
Chemistry Teacher | Carnatic violinist | Blogger